Featured Post

A Rememberance

How do we live every day without you? How do we not miss you?  Why have you gone so far that our voice won't reach you?  Why did ...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Stint at KBC

" I am called for KBC on 31st  September , can I add you as 'phone a friend' ??? " was the sms I sent to 80 % of my friends on the list . What amazed me was the response  - hey congrats , really , nice...and all of them said ofcourse they would be glad to become 'phone a friend.' A few of them who have known me for ages knew I pulled a prank . So they replied , "you needn't ask me, directly add " :) . A few surprising ones were , "only if you wanna lose" ....

The good  thing about the whole episode was how people were excited about my participation . And its not about  money or game show , they all were unanimously excited about  the plausible encounter with one and only Mr. Amitabh Bachchan . Two of my friends were also excited about , they would get to talk to Mr. Bachchan and what question they would ask him at that moment . They were certainly sad to discover it was a prank .

I have watched KBC and the demeanour of Mr. Bachchan , certainly it never crossed my mind what the host has achieved . He is yet so humble , polite and no hanky panky in presentation .  In one of the recent episodes , the contestants asked him to repeat the mirror scene from Amar Akbar Anthony ( I have myself lost the count , the no. of times I have watched this movie ) . He politely refused because he said  that scene was performed under alcohol influence and at the moment I am not under influence , quite cheeky . It defined a class about him .

Also I realised , if I ever get a call from KBC  and win fastest finger first , would be awestruck by his persona for a while before being used to the idea that a superstar is hosting .:):)

On a signing off the only person who has enjoyed the Ricksha bandh was my nephew , who got to bunk his nursery yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. if you ever get to go there...do add me in phone a friend... ;-)


    Ruchir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you ever go there. Please don't add me as I don't wan't you to lose the opportunity to win more :P

    Saurabh Kumar Chandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ruchir , sure :)....
    @saurabh, dnt worry I would not make the mistake

    ReplyDelete