Featured Post

A Rememberance

How do we live every day without you? How do we not miss you?  Why have you gone so far that our voice won't reach you?  Why did ...

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Rememberance

How do we live every day without you?
How do we not miss you? 
Why have you gone so far that our voice won't reach you? 
Why did you leave so many forts and mountain un trekked? 
We had a pact of visiting Himalaya in this life. 

With Whom should I compete when a plateful of rice is served? 
Whom should I ask to teach me how to ride a bike? 
In whose eye should I look, which gleam at my happiness?  
Why do I forget to be happy anymore?  
I wish your fate could have been averted.


My mornings begin with the guilt,
when last time we met,
that I didn't cook for you.
My mornings begin with the guilt,
you couldn't see my kid 
for one last time,
My mornings begin with the guilt,
I should have been there,
and I wasn't.

That was a dream,
When I was screaming,
your name in nether,
searching for you,
hoping to see you 
one last time.

But I have seen your lifeless body,
I have witnessed that day
Grief engulfed my uncle's household
like never before.
After your last rites,
I returned home,
I don't remember if I ate plateful rice,
I remember many days after that day,

But I remember your handsome face,
That gleam in your eye,
and our hikes and treks,
I remember to keep you with me for every hike, 
after that day.

Gone too soon, people say.
For it is true, 
But, you will be always alive,
in lifelong memories
you have created with me.

(In Memory Of my Brother Mahesh whom we lost in May '14)

No comments:

Post a Comment