Featured Post

A Rememberance

How do we live every day without you? How do we not miss you?  Why have you gone so far that our voice won't reach you?  Why did ...

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Breaking Up with My Mobile

Dear Mobile,
It hurts but I’ve got to say it – Its over! I’ve been dragging this on for some time. But it isn’t working anymore. I’d anticipated that the day would come sooner or later. The first signs were seen when you couldn’t survive a few droplets of rain in last Monsoon but you were special to me. You were different from my previous phones. I could talk to you, literally. You have been my companion in my long strenuous daily travel all these years, so trust me, letting go isn’t easy for me either. Some of my best times were spent with you - playing Candy Crush and surfing Facebook.

My Ex-Mobile
But then, slowly you changed. There were times when I made moves in Candy Crush and you took five whole minutes to complete them, you had moved into the comfort zone after all. You no longer felt you needed to please me. There were times when I came close to clearing a difficult level and you crashed. I’d have to start all over again and I did.  But still, I accepted you as you were becoming. 
You couldn’t handle Whatsapp notification during festivals and other  occasions.  I deleted twitter for your health. Recently I downloaded Instagram, the next coolest app to look cool to pursue my hobby in photography but then you’d long ago ceased to be a camera phone.

We continued so long because you helped me connect with people through calls and FB. But, I have observed for past few days – you just can’t do it anymore. It is painful to see you suffer like this.
Leaving you hurts but it’s in the best interest of both of us. I hope someday you become a component in an iPhone and I too will find someone eventually.



With Love,


Vanita

No comments:

Post a Comment