Featured Post

A Rememberance

How do we live every day without you? How do we not miss you?  Why have you gone so far that our voice won't reach you?  Why did ...

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

D For Dilemma

Life was much easier when I’d to select which chocolate to eat or a few years later what career choices I must make.  I’ve been always proud of my decisions, always.  I knew the ‘My way’ song by heart and then he walked into my life. Suddenly my life’s decisions were not mine.  They were to be shared or approved.  He approved my friends on social media, my career decisions, and what should I wear.
I can’t remember when I slipped into this downward spiral but by the time I knew, I was in neck deep in this mess.  I want control of my life back but I can’t take it unless...  So, I did what I do best, ask him —

‘What would you do?’
‘About what?’

‘Say, you are caught in a trap, it’s a maze. Every time you think you are close to an exit but you are not.  But, then the devil makes you an offer. Will you accept it?’
‘I don’t often understand these abstract questions you ask. Did you take your pills?’

‘I will take them; you answer my ‘abstract’ question.’
‘It will depend on the offer, frankly.’

‘Give me an answer…please. I will take those meds if you give me an answer.’
‘Ok…If I am desperate I will take the offer.’

‘Yes, I am desperate.’

‘What?’
‘Ummm… nothing.’

And then I went ahead with my plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment